Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
muckelroy

garage door opens with multiple openers

muckelroy
15 years ago

I need help. I have a Craftsman 139.53627SRT GDO. I recently noticed that the door opened on its own while we were gone for a few hours. So, being very freaked out, I thought it would be a good idea to reprogram the codes on our remotes.

I remember there being a bunch of DIP switches inside the remotes. So, following the directions printed on my GDO unit, I pressed and held the green programming button for about 10 seconds and let go. Doing this caused none of my remotes to open the door -- which I expected.

Then, I opened up one of my remotes and completely changed the DIP switches. Then, as instructed on my opener, I held the remote button, at the same time I pressed the programming the green button on the GDO once, and kept holding the remote button until the lights on the GDO flashed off and back on. That caused the remote in my hand to now work.

SO, I tried the other remote that still had the old code on the DIP switches, but the darn thing still worked.

I tried unplugging GDO unit and removing batteries from both remotes. I then put power back in to GDO and tried the process over from scratch, with the same result.

Is this supposed to happen? I thought that remotes would only open the same GDO if the codes on the DIP switches matched?

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments (4)