Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ghostly Garage Door Light Strangely Intermittent...

Posted by darita (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 21, 09 at 11:57

I have a 2 year old Craftsman garage door opener, who's light will come on with no tripping of the sensors. After we have entered the garage, closed the door and left the garage, the light will often stay on or come back on after initially turning off. I've gone to bed noting the light being off, only to wake up the following morning finding the light has come back on sometime during the night. It drives us crazy! I've cleared and checked the sensors and there are no rodents or any other animals in the garage. Does anybody know what's going on?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ghostly Garage Door Light Strangely Intermittent...

I would disconnect the wall control. That would eliminate any possibility of it being bad. If you have the newer wall control with motion detector read the post by tonyb73 "motion switch on garage opener". It's down 3 or 4 posts on this same page. May be a problem for many.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here