Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craftsman 1/2 hp, model 139.53962srt1

Posted by ascssmith (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 30, 08 at 11:24

I am having issues with my Craftsman hp garage door opener. The unit is about 5 years old. My garage door openers stopped working last week. I replaced the batteries and attempted to open the door but it still did not work, so i went and bought a new opener (craftsman 953879) still didn't work from the remotes. I erased all the codes, as that was the only thing left i could think of doing. I found the original manual and it said to check the "lock-out" button, which someone had had pushed, but by me erasing everything in memory, i can't get the (2) remotes and key less entry pad to work. I have attempted to reprogram the two garage door openers and the key less entry pad but am only able to get one of the openers to work. If I try and reprogram the key less, it just flashes, if i go on top of the motor and put it into learn mode, the key less works, but the one remote that was working stops and i can not ever get (2) remotes to work at same time.

Any help will be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Craftsman 1/2 hp, model 139.53962srt1

Can you get your original remote and keypad to work? I think you may have been sold the wrong remote and that is complicating things.

o
Craftsman 1/2 hp, model 139.53525SRT

I recently purchased two replacement remote openers for this model. So I would have 3 remotes, the keypad, and the wall unit. We were able to program 2 of the remotes, but it would not accept the 3rd remote. Is there a maximum limit on remotes a person can have with this model? I wanted the extra remote for a family member, since the "keypad" is not always reliable. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Happy New Year!

o

That opener should accept all the units you have. Normally when you exceed the limit it will accept the last one you program and drop the first one off. Make sure all your remotes are the same model number.

o

My original remote works, and one of the new remotes work. I just can't get the third remote which is one of the new ones to accept the program.

o

I would take it back and get a replacement.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here