Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bronxbill

GDO - gets hung up going up /down - snags

bronxbill
12 years ago

12 year old craftsman 1/2 hp 139.53964.RT gets hung up /snags - tilted a little on one side (not all the time) could it be that new springs are needed or rollers to be replaced.

Comments (3)

• randy427
    12 years ago

Yes. Some of the roller/track hardware may need to be lubricated, adjusted or replaced.
    Or: At 12 yrs old, your GDO may also need to have the internal drive gear replaced (usually a DIY job with the instructions coming with the parts from Sears)
    To check the door hardware: Try opening and closing the door manually, with it disconnected from the GDO trolly. It should move smoothly, without catching. Look for roller track that is out of line, rollers that are wobbly and hinges that have failed.
    The door should also be in neutral balance, meaning it should remain about half-open when raised manually to that position (still disconnected from the GDO).

• bronxbill
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Randy - thanks for the advice / been awhile - I changed all the rollers - now I think the door is out of line. it is slightly crooked going up/down - the new rollers definately made a good difference. yesterday as it was going up one roller actually came off the track - I had to slam it back in. these are 4" stems same as orig. any way I can realign it? I know its off because the stems stick out more on one side of the brackets then the other side. any ideas? (all brackets are in place & tight)
    Thanks much
    Bill

• Dynamicdoors
    11 years ago

Your Phoenix Garage Door company is a full service wholesale distributor of not only garage doors, but garage door openers, garage door remotes, and garage door entry systems. We provide only the best garage door openers and entry systems and can install any garage door opener along with any garage door repair.
    Dynamic Door Service is your full service Phoenix Garage Door Company, offering new garage doors, both residential and commercial garage doors, as well as efficient and durable garage door openers. You can count on us to provide all your Phoenix garage door installations and other garage door repairs. We are committed to high quality products and dependable service for our customers. Your satisfaction is always guaranteed at Dynamic Door Service in Phoenix, Arizona!
    We'll Beat Any Competitor's Price for Garage Doors

Your Phoenix Garage Door company is committed to providing the highest quality of garage door services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. At Dynamic Doors we have a complete range of garage door services and wide coverage in the whole metro Phoenix, Arizona area.

The trust and satisfaction of our customers is our highest priority! Our technicians are certified professionals and well experienced to ensure the prompt and correct completion of any service you need - anytime you need it! We only hire well trusted, experienced employees and undergo a strict background check to make sure our customers will be comfortable and stress free when a garage door service is being executed.

Phoenix Garage Door

Here is a link that might be useful: Garage Door Openers Phoenix