Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Problem programming 2nd transmitter on Craftman 1/2 hp opener

Posted by jimbmiller (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 13, 06 at 10:15

Hello,
I'm having a problem with the Sears 1/2 HP manufactured 1998. We have 2 transmitters (original). The batteries died on one. We replaced them then we followed the instructions to reset. It worked but the other transmitter stopped working. We have since found that when we follow the instructions for either transmitter, 1 will be programmed, the 2nd will not. We have erased all transmitter codes. We then press the reset button momentarily and push the transmitter button. The overhead light on the opener flashes and the 1st transmitter works correctly. We then press the reset button momentarilty again - only until the LED light on the opener is lit solid, not until it flashes. We push the 2nd transmitter button and nothing happens. The overhead light on the opener does not flash and the LED light eventually goes out. The 2nd opener does not work. We have tried switching openers to prove that both are in working order - they are. We also have a keypad outside that we have not yet even tried to reprogram.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Jim

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Problem programming 2nd transmitter on Craftman 1/2 hp opener

Note - after submitting this, I just saw DonnyMac's posting on 12/8 - Is this the same problem?
Sorry for posting an almost identical question...

o
RE: Problem programming 2nd transmitter on Craftman 1/2 hp opener

I'm sure you will find you have the same problem as DonnyMac.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here