Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craftsman Opener 139.53674SRT1

Posted by organic_jack (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 4, 06 at 7:37

My keyless entry does not work. I cannot find an instruction manual. I am trying to program the keyless entry unit. After I push the button on the back of my main drive, I then enter a new code and hit enter on the keyless unit. The keyless unit then blinks on and off numerous times. But, the code is not accepted. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Craftsman Opener 139.53674SRT1

Sounds like you are doing everything right. Make sure you press and immediately release the button on the back of your opener and then do what you are doing. Has this keypad ever worked with your opener or did you just purchase it? If you just purchased it you probably got the wrong one.

o
RE: Craftsman Opener 139.53674SRT1

Sometimes, only when you are programming it, you have to push the numbers like you are trying to push them through the back of the keypad. Try pushing the numbers a little harder and hold them in for about a second on all 4 and then the enter button.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here