Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pjv103

Craftsman 1/2 HP Opener Not Working

pjv103
17 years ago

This afternoon our garage door opener stoped working. It was used multiple times earlier today. The unit is about 9-1/2 years old. Today is a sunny day and we haven't had bad weather in five days. The low voltage green LED lights are 'on' at the wall transmitter and two overhead door sensors. When you push the wall transmitter button, all you here is a click. The amber light at the 'learn' button flashes five times and then stops... then flashes five times again. I've read a handful of other similar problems and suggestions and nothing seems to work. The door trolley is not near the bolt in front of the motor unit and I tried turning off the breaker to the garage but I still have the same problem. The two 60W bulbs also do not work. It appears the unit is receiving 120v power, converting it to 24v and sending it out to the wall transmitter and sensors. However, if it takes 120v (motor and light bulbs), it's not working. Is the unit terminal or can it be repaired? Any advice will be appreciated., Thanks in advance.