Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craftsman door opener

Posted by harothaug (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 13, 12 at 22:01

I installed a used opener from my friend. When it closes it goes all the way down and then opens. I tried to adjust the downward force and travel but it still doesn't stay closed. Thanks for any help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Craftsman door opener

Take the cover off of the opener, the limit switch may have come off and that may be the problem, and the down limit is not stopping the opener from stopping in the down motion.

o

I lost the instructions to program a second code into the keyless Sears garage door opener. I can recall some of it, but not all. I believe I pressed one button and held it until the garage door opener connected to the ceiling blinked three times, then entered an alternate code until the opener blinked one time. I know that is not entirely accurate. Can someone assist on this one?

o

I lost the instructions to program a second code into the keyless Sears garage door opener. I can recall some of it, but not all. I believe I pressed one button and held it until the garage door opener connected to the ceiling blinked three times, then entered an alternate code until the opener blinked one time. I know that is not entirely accurate. Can someone assist on this one?

o

I sent you a copy of how to program a 2nd remote.

o

My new Craftsman Garage Door opener is only going six inches forward and then reversing to same starting point.when i tried to open the garage door it move down 4-6 inches and then reverses back up 4-6 inches, even if the garage door is already closed.I was lucky it not broke my garage door because it start to push the door down with the door closed. Even when the door opener is not engage when I tried to "open" it move forward 6 inch , stop and move back in the first position.
I already disconnected door from trolley to make sure that binding was not a problem, and I checked alignment of Safety receiving sensors. Also verified that amber and green lights are steady and not flickering.
I live in Romania, so it is not an option to return the unit to the store. Thanks for your help, Bob Hedges

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here