Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
chamberlain gdo problem

Posted by bill46975 (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 9, 06 at 21:07

My dads garage door opener has a hard time going down when the temperature gets to about 30 degrees. Sometimes he has to press it 4 or 5 times. It seems backwards as it works properly going up. Also when disengaged it goes up and down smoothly. Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: chamberlain gdo problem

While it is disengaged check to see how smoothly the door closes manually. See if he has greased the tracks of the door. This shouldn't be done but some people do it. If he did clean the grease up. If everything checks out okay you will find a control on the rear of the motor unit near where all those white wires go labeled "down/close force". Adjust this just enough to get the door to close. It affects the safety system so don't over do it.

o
RE: chamberlain gdo problem

I agree with Don. I just had a gdo replaced and the guy told me sometimes in winter the door needs just a little more uumph to open so you should adjust the force. He said that will definitely fix it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here