Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
need new wall button for GD

Posted by arealhuman (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 17, 10 at 17:03

Have LiftMaster 14PC551A or 14SR551A [both #s on MotherBoard thingy]. These #s do not come up with anything on Garage Door Openers site.

This one looks exactly like the one I have: http://www.garagedooropeners.com/78lm.html

Called GDO people and they asked me for my remote #: 973LM.

Said I need: http://www.garagedooropeners.com/secrlichgado.html

But this one is wireless and my old one is wired. What to do? This does not seem correct. Help

AND all I really need is the white platsic plate covering with the little bumb [bump finally fell off]

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: need new wall button for GD

What you need is a 'wall control' and what the door people recommended was a wireless keypad which is not the same at all. The one you say looks exactly like the one you have is what you need. The only thing is the wiring is not showing in the picture. It will have 2 wires going from it to the opener. The reason those first 2 numbers don't come up with anything is because they are part numbers. The model number for the opener should be on the end of the opener closest to the garage door.

o
RE: need new wall button for GD

Thanks. Have ordered the correct part...I think, I hope. Will let you know.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here