Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ael60

Craftsman 1/2 hp GDO remotes will not program

ael60
16 years ago

Model # 139.53964SRT GDO

remote # 139.53681B Gray with Blue buttons.

After replacing the batteries in the 2 remotes we have I went to re-program them useing the standard procedure via the manual.

1)press & hold the SRT button 6 seconds until the LED next to it goes out.

2)press & hold the remote door button

3)press & hold the light button on the door control

4)press & hold the door control push button

5)release all buttons after opener light flashes.

After doing this I press the remote for the door to go up and it goes up but will not go back down with the remote. The only functional/operational control is the wall control (in which the green LED will constantly blink) Even the remote keypad will not work. Also, the light button on the wall control unit will not turn on/off lights.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Comments (2)

• don_1_2006
    16 years ago

I really like the simple way of programming remotes. Hold the button down on the remote and then press and immediately release the smart/learn button. Do this for each remote and see what happens. The constant blinking of the LED in the wall control tells you the lock function is on which locks out the remotes but the keypad should still work. Post back with results.

• ael60
    Original Author
    16 years ago

The culprit of my problem was a bad door lock button on the wall unit. I found that by tapping the door lock button the green LED would stop blinking and then was able to program both remotes.