Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garage Door will not move on the track

Posted by gsx95red (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 21, 06 at 15:13

Hello,

Anyone provide assitance with my garage door issue? It seems that when i use either the wall control or remote, when i attempt to open/close the garage door, the motor churns, but barely moves the chain on the track. Everything else seems to be connected fine, jsut seems like the motor is not moving the chain?

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garage Door will not move on the track

Sounds like you have a bad drive gear. Remove the cover and the gear is on the door side of the motor. You will most likely find it is stripped and you will find what looks like white sawdust on the inside of the cover.

o
RE: Garage Door will not move on the track

Don,

Thanks so much for the assitance! It turns out the Drive Gear was cracked about 3/4 of the way thru the wheel. I replaced it for about $12 instead of a $100 service call, and the door works fabulously now!

-gsx

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here