Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sears Garage Door Repair

Posted by toddbeson (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 24, 08 at 13:53

I have replaced the gear on my Sears Garage Door opener. The door will start to close and after about 2 sec. it reverses and opens. I have read several discussions concerning the sensor on the end of the motor shaft and the motor shaft coupler. I have adjusted the coupler on the shaft and moved the shaft of the motor as far back as possible, the sensor is on the end of the shaft. It will not work. Any suggestions.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sears Garage Door Repair

Make sure the quick disconnect is plugged into the RPM sensor board. Try watching the black plastic interrupt cup as the door is closing to make sure it isn't moving away from the RPM sensor board. Sounds like you have covered most of it. Maybe the RPM board is bad but I doubt it.

o
RE: Sears Garage Door Repair

My Sears garage door opener was only coming up about 2/3 of the way. So I adjusted the opening (lift) and decreased the closing settings. Now when it open the carriage stops at the right opening position, then when you try to close it it continues to open until it slams into the opening device and jams up. Do I need to adjust the door closing and opening down (less of each), move the door to the closed position and attach the trolly. Then open and let it reset, and adjust from there??? HELP PLEASE> Should I get a repair man in for $125-$200 or is this a simple fix???

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here