Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craftsman Garage Door Opener - Remote Randomly Stops Working

Posted by sigmapete1 (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 12, 13 at 13:26

I have a Craftsman Garage door opener.
Model # 30437

I have two of them set up in a two car garage. One works flawlessly. The second one has constant issues. The most significant is that the remote stops working randomly, but only for that door. All remotes continue to work fine for the other door. To clarify, each remote has three buttons (we only use the left and right ones, not the middle) and on both remotes, the one door (always the same one) will no longer be connected but the other one will work fine. For this reason, I do not believe it is a problem with the remotes. We even tried switching which buttons we use for which door and it's always the same door.

It seems as though it is randomly resetting itself thus causing the remotes to require reprogramming.

Also, on the same door, when the power goes out (even just for a minute or two) the light on the wall button turns off and to get it working again, you have to press it, wait a few seconds and then press it again. The other door opener never has this issue no matter how long the power is out. This is not a big deal but may be indicative of a larger problem.

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here