Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garden Hose Problem - I Need a Chemist?

Posted by hanoverfarmer (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 26, 13 at 12:57

I have a watering nozzle on the end of my garden hose that I can not remove, apparently due to hardwater deposits on the threads. I tried to soak in white vinegar and obviously that does not penetrate the threads. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garden Hose Problem - I Need a Chemist?

WD-40 or some other penetrating oil.

I would imagine a couple of pairs of decent pliers would work too.

o

Maybe tap it with a hammer to break the seal then twist off with pliers?

o

If the nozzle can be sacrificed, removing it is much easier. WD-40 may not help but it will do no harm to metals. Do you have two pair of acr joint pliers, Channelock is a well known brand? Gripping each part in the proper place should remove the nozzle without any functional damage.
Or start cutting away the nozzle with hacksaw and grinder being careful not to damage the hose threads.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here