Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grammyto6

Organizing help needed

Grammyto6
9 years ago

My husband is a handyman as a hobby (a very good handyman!) and he does every kind of work there is. This means he has multiples of every type of tool there is (both carpentry and auto) and every type and size of hardware (nails, screws staples etc) that exist. I used to be impressed with how he knew where everything was (in his obvious state of chaos) but since being married I have found that his secret is that he just has so many of anything that he just gets lucky and finds the tool he needs.
We have made several attempts but it's just so daunting a task that we last for a few days then give up. Then it's worse because he just drags everything back out and when we work up the nerve to tackle it again we just are re-doing what was already done.
This should not be taken as a post that I am bashing my hubby. I respect his talents so much! And I love a good organizing challenge
I am pretty good at having a brain that can handle organizing into categories and he loves it but he just has so much in each category that I can't get a system that works for us.
How do you suggest I organize this?