Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help organizing the garage

Posted by measure_twice (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 7, 10 at 6:31

Currently I have 6 shelf units each 2 1/2 ft wide by 6 ft tall, and my garage is still a mess. I maintain my home so I have many power and hand tools, fasteners, and safety gear. Thank heavens I have a tall toolcart for the hand tools. I am sorting and throwing out stuff, but how do you store these items?

weedwacker
chainsaws
car stands and car jack
long handle garden tools and hand tools
wet tile saw (2ft x 3ft x 18 inches high)
3 bicycles
4 wheel bicycle pedal cart for disabled adult
masonry and wallboard tools
electric leaf blower
many plywood pieces larger than 2x3 ft (smaller pieces get tossed)

It is not financially possible to purchase enough of those storage cabinets with the cute aluminum fronts.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help organizing the garage

All of the tools should be kept in at least a semi-conditioned place (the basement w/ heat and dryness.
The bicycles and wood can take the cold.
My wood does OK(not great) on the overhead joists of the carport, but the plywood is in the shed, overhead areas..
Cabinets take up space and can hide things. I like the shelves, made up using 1 by 2s up to 1 by 4s.
Wood is still fairly inexpensive.
Good luck

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here