Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Has Anyone Decorated / Painted Their Metal Carport? PICS

Posted by debelli (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 27, 09 at 4:08

Purchasing this home (if all inspections go okay, that is)with a 27 foot long metal / aluminum carport.

Was wondering what I could do to make it less unsightly. Wondered if anyone has ever painted their carport to match their home, or decorated it somehow, and with what. Only thing I could come up with is maybe hang some planters in the middle of the openings. Paint it the same color as the shed? Same color as the deck (which will probably be painted white, same as the trim on the house)

Anyone with ideas, possible pictures or websites??

Also, wondering if there's a way to put an overhang from carport to steps up to home since it's not on the same level should it be raining. Of course, the cheap way to go are umbrellas - just wondering : )

THANKS!

Shed

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Has Anyone Decorated / Painted Their Metal Carport? PICS

Sorry, I don't have any pictures - or a carport for that matter. But I think you are on the right track as the best way to make something disappear is to paint it the same color as its surroundings. Baring any reconstruction, painting both the deck and the carport white sound like the best solution to me. I like your idea about the hanging planters too. However, I think adding an overhang would just add to the piecemeal mismatched appearance. I would probably make do (with an umbrella) until I was in a position to build a proper breezeway/garage sometime down the road. Meanwhile, I think you already have some great ideas for sprucing it up a bit. Congrats on your new home!

P.S. Before painting the carport I'd check with the knowledgeable folks on the painting forum to get recommendations for products that will adhere to the metal and prevent peeling.

o
RE: Has Anyone Decorated / Painted Their Metal Carport? PICS

Appreciate the reply.

I think, if we get the house, it will definitely go white, which would match the white we'll paint the deck along with the facia. I think it will blend in well. Surprised others haven't done soemthing like this.

Not sure how you'd build a garage when the house is so much higher than the driveway - at least one that would be attached - I'd like to be able to find a way to have a overhang on those nasty days.

Thanks again!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here