Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Liftmaster - Opener Doesnt Close - Reopnes PLZ Help

Posted by magicray (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 23, 06 at 2:29

Hi I have a Liftmaster and i've notice in the past few weeks there is something wrong with it. The door usually doesnt close, it might go down halfway and comeback up or just stay half open. No blinking light bulbs to indicate anything wrong with sonsors. But I did notice that the orange LED on the motor blinks 5 times and I read somewhere that means RPM sensor problem.

Well I guess now I need to know how to fix this problem. I have tried resetting the system by unplugginf and such but hte problem always seems to comeback.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Liftmaster - Opener Doesnt Close - Reopnes PLZ Help

It might be that it is sensing too much resistance in trying to move the door. Possible causes might be a lack of grease in the tracks, or the springs counterbalancing the door may need adjustment. I usually disconnect the opener on mine and check freedom of movement by hand. It took a lot of tinkering to get my massive new door to work w/ an old, weak opener. If the door is open when you disconnect the opener, be very careful, as it may come crashing down hard if you have bad springs. Garage doors can be very heavy!

o

No its a new opener with a new house garage door. The garage door is very small basically meant only for one car park garage. the door moves well when it's released from the opener no problem there. Dont get me wrong the opener works but I hesitate and make sure it closes all the way. Out of 10 open closes sometimes it acts up.

I've tried many things, changing the force, amount of distance it should travel upwards - but nothing.

Oh also something else I should mention is that when it acts up I noticed the light bulbs on the motor blink really fast for about 10 seconds and then it stops. It's very wierd and it's only timetimes not all the time that this happen.

Anyhow if anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

o

Sounds like the sensors in the doorway are not properly aligned. Tweak them a bit and try. Sometimes they are slightly misaligned and this will cause an intermittent situation.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here