Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HELP!! - Craftsman Garage Door Opener/Keypad

Posted by wolfspirit95 (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 27, 09 at 19:50

My keypad rarely ever works. I can punch the buttons (& I mean literally jab/punch numbers hard out of frustration) & it may open on 3rd or 4th try, or it may not.

Also, the remote used to work at a much further distance from the garage, but now I can pull right up to the garage and have to find the right angle and hit the button several times before the door will go up. I've tried changing the batteries, but that doesn't solve the problem.

The wall button works fine.

Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HELP!! - Craftsman Garage Door Opener/Keypad

The keypad is nothing more than a battery operated remote, the same as the one in your car, however it takes 4 numbers in order to make it transmit.
If your car remotes are not working very well also, then it puts the motor "logic board" into question.

If the logic board is bad, then it is not economically feasable to buy just the board when you consider you can go out to Sears and buy an entire new unit with all the latest bells and whistles on sale for under 200 bucks.

However, here is a keypad problem that you may be experiencing.
After pushing the same buttons for many years, you may have a button going bad on you and not making contact when you push it.
Try reprograming 4 new numbers into the keypad, numbers that have never been used before and see if that works better.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here