Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
GDO problem it reverses on its own

Posted by jjuni01 (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 28, 06 at 17:49

Hi I have a sears craftsman gdo 1/2 hp and about a week ago I replaced the gear because it was worn out but when I put everything back together the door only travels about 6 to 10 inches and reverses. Ive checked the springs there fine, Ive checked the sensors there both well lit, Ive also checked the kg down and up. I dont know what else to do, the light doesnt flash or anything the only light flashing is the little green one in the back next to the button that you program the remote. It flashes 5 times . Even trying to override the sensors by holding down the wall button wont work. Can anyone help?!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: GDO problem it reverses on its own

When you replaced the gear did you remove the black plastic interruptor cup and forget to replace it? It needs to be slid all the way onto the motor shaft to work properly.

o
RE: GDO problem it reverses on its own

I had this problem--and the interruptor cup was indeed the culprit. Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here