Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's the Best Garage Floor Coating?

Posted by jan_in_wisconsin (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 7, 07 at 17:36

Hello all,

This is my first post on this forum. We just built a new home, and we would like to protect our garage floors from oil, spills, etc. What is the best garage floor coating in terms of ease in cleaning, durability, etc.? We're not handy people, so we're just beginning our research. So far, we've heard of epoxy, acid treatments, and various types of rubber, roll-out mats. However, we're still looking into cost and effectiveness. What are your thoughts?

Jan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's the Best Garage Floor Coating?

Both my garage floors are painted with epoxy paint. I am soo glad I did it. It wasnt hard but it takes a few days and some work. Very easy to clean with a damp mop or a garden hose.I got my paint thru Sherwin Williams. Its commercial epoxy with a clear coat finish. Its beautiful.

o
RE: What's the Best Garage Floor Coating?

I think that's why my husband did to one of your garage floors this summer. I wasn't excited about it at first, but now I can see why he did it! I think he got the stuff at Menards.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here