Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craftsman 1/2HP GDO Help!!

Posted by smcnerney (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 31, 07 at 15:53

I have been reviewing previous posts like crazy and I can't seem to find my exact problem already listed. My door will open just fine, but will only close if I am holding the wired button. If i just push the button or use the remote, the door moves 2-3" and then returns to the up position while blinking the light about a dozen times. My optical sensors are aligned (I think). There is a steady green light on each sensor. However, that steady green light never changes, even if I point the sensors in opposite directions or put a shovel in the middle of the beam. Have my sensors gone bad? The opener was manufactured in 95.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Craftsman 1/2HP GDO Help!!

The light on one of the sensors will stay on but the other will go out when the infrared beam is interrupted. It sure sounds like you have bad sensors.

o

Thanks for the reply Don. I'll double check to make sure both lights are staying on. Will the lights only change while the door is in operation? Or should they go out whenever the beam is broken?

o

One of the lights will stay on. The other will go out when something is in the way of the beam.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here