Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garage Floor tiles

Posted by disney1 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 1, 06 at 14:17

I am having a really hard time deciding whether to paint my garage floor or put down garage floor tiles. I bought enough tiles from Sears to cover about 1/4 of the floor to see how it would look. They look good but I am wondering what will happen when I take a hose to rinse them off and water gets between the tiles and goes under the tiles. Will this become a mold problem over time? Anyone have any experience with the tiles from Sears? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garage Floor tiles

Maybe I should re-think the tile idea.....not a soul on here has ever used these so they must not be very popular to use as a garage floor covering!

o

I'm not personally familiar with the Sears tiles, but if they are made like the Racedeck tiles then moisture shouldn't be an issue. The Racedeck tiles have a channel system on the bottom for support and air and water flow. If the tiles you have are made the same way then mold and moisture shouldn't be a problem.
Annette

o

After looking at the Racedeck tiles on their web site, they look very similar. If you don't mind me asking, how big of a garage did you tile and how much did it cost?

o

My garage is 484sf (about 22x22). I haven't tiled mine yet, but the quote from Racedeck is 1476.00.
From what I understand the Sears tiles and the Racedeck tiles are very similar in quality. I prefer Racedeck only because I want white tiles in my pattern and Sears doesn't offer a white tile in their lineup.
Racedeck tiles are about $3.00 per sf, whereas Sears is about $2.75 per sf. If you don't think you need the really heavy duty tiles, then you can find other brands on ebay for about $1.70 per sf. Just do a search for "garage tile".
Annette

o

Thanks for the info Annette. I'll check out ebay just so I can compare since I don't need real heavy duty tiles.

Mike

o

Patent pvc interlocking system more durable flexible, haven't no noise , as you know the pp tile very noise when stand on it. antifreezing, when the weather very cold the pp tile easy break , pvc tile doesn't have this problem ,look the URL www.garagetile.info , if anybody interesting this item please touch with me at goerge007@126.com

Here is a link that might be useful: patent pvc garage floot tile for heavy weight duty

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here