Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
For those looking for shop/garage design input

Posted by bocron (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 17, 06 at 11:21

Hey all, I have been a member here on GardenWeb for quite some time. I have gotten and given alot of info and really am grateful for this site!
Mostly what I find in this section are questions regarding openers, and while that is helpful, I really needed some other types of questions answered particularly about flooring experience and setting up my space for doing detail and repair work.Anyway, I just wanted to give anyone here who is interested a link to another forum that might be useful if you are trying to build/remodel a garage for use as a more serious shop.
So I found this forum and thought I'd post it here for anyone that is looking for some more indepth info. Alot of the people on this forum have welding,painting or engine refurbishing going on in their shops, but they have all been very helpful and really nice!
Annette

Here is a link that might be useful: Garage Journal

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: For those looking for shop/garage design input

I have 30x30 pole barn with concrete floor, insulated, and electric that I use to weld in and fix mowers. I have 3 acres that I maintain that belongs to me. I also have a 3 bedroom, 2 bath, with a 2 car garage home. I really enjoy my shop and have plans on selling and have another one built on 5 acreas with a walkout basement house. That is if I can sell my present house. The shop has really made it eaiser to repair things because of the room I have. It houses my welders, air compressor and tools to do the job. I would like to run a business out of one day maybe.

o
RE: For those looking for shop/garage design input

Thanks for the link! I joined for some more info.

Clean it up or I'm Outta here!"

My next home garage will definitely have the amenities. I have a vintage Mustang. Working on it between bags of garbage, boxes of construction supplies, piles of Christmas decorations, a utility trailer too disgraceful to keep on the driveway and who knows what else is no pleasure.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here