Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Toro CCR2000 snowblower won't start when hot

Posted by fredmertz (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 2, 11 at 10:21

my Toro CCR2000 snowblower model no. 38180 two cycle Suzuki 4.5 HP will start and run fine when cold. But after using the machine for a while and shutting it off it will not restart. I get no spark to the plug. After letting it set for half hour or so it will start and run fine again. It seems to me the cheapest way to go is to replace the Xstar module with a Stens MegafireII ignitor. Just wondered if any one else had a similar problem. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Toro CCR2000 snowblower won't start when hot

Chain saw, weed wacker,lawn mower - different manufacturers - same problem. A litle shot of starting fluid usually gets them going. The condenser in the magneto circuitry is probably the culprit.

o

The Megafire module arrived in the mail. I'll give it a try. The problem is no spark when hot. But it will start and run fine when cool.

o

I replaced the toro ignitor with the Stens Megafire II. The snowblower started right up, it ran fine for twenty minutes until I shut it off. I waited a couple of minutes and it restarted easily. That was the problem before, it would not restart when hot.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here