Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
GDO will open but not close.

Posted by rvolley (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 26, 07 at 10:07

I have a 1/2 hp GDO from Sears. Model # 139.53646SRT1. It just started acting up. Two remotes and an opener attached to the wall inside the garage. I can open the door from both remotes and the attached opener but when I try closing it from any of them the door will move an inch or two, stop, and the bulb will flash. To get it to close I have to hold down the button on the attached opener (this will not work using the remotes). I did notice the green indicator light on the back of the Unit, next to the SRT button, will flash 4 times and then it is out for approx. 1min. and then flash 4 times again. This is constant. Can anyone help? And... what are the flash codes on this unit?

Thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: GDO will open but not close.

The code the unit is flashing is "Door sensors mis-aligned." The symptoms you describe are the same. Each of the door sensors has a small light that must be lit to operate properly. When they are aligned both lights will be on. Tweak them until they are aligned.

o

Thanks for the reply Don. I checked the sensors and both green lights are on but I thought I would readjust them anyway. When I move them the lights go out so I put them back to where both lights are lit and tried it again. Same thing. Frustrating! I may have to call the hands on experts in or dismantle it, put it in the driveway, run over it and go to Sears again. Unless you have something else I can try.

o

You've done what I would have done. Don't run over that thing there are some good spare parts you can save.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here