Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
disney1_gw

Sears remotes not working

disney1
16 years ago

I recently had to replace the key pad for my garage door opener. After doing this, the door works fine when I punch in the code but none of my remotes work now. Does anyone know how to re-program the remotes? Thanks!

Comments (5)

• don_1_2006
    16 years ago

Hold down the button on your remote and then press and immediately release the smart/learn button on the back of your motor unit. Do this for each remote. If your remotes quit when you programmed your new keypad you probably got the wrong one.
    If your remotes work o.k. after programming and your keypad has quit it is certain you got the wrong one.

• disney1
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ok, I programmed the remotes like you suggested and now my keypad doesn't work. Does this mean I have the wrong keypad? How do I know which keypad to buy? Thanks.

• don_1_2006
    16 years ago

Yes you got the wrong keypad. Take the model number off the motor unit to Sears. The model number starts with 139. and has at least 5 additional numbers.

• disney1
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ok,thanks. When I bought the keypad I thought it said it was good for the complete series which my opener falls under. I'll check it out.

• lmf821
    16 years ago

i have the exact same problem and just posted it, I know i have the right keypad because it used to work. The remotes stopped working so I reprogrammed and I can get each to work independently but not together