Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cable pullers

Posted by rbigg (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 13, 12 at 9:35

I have a cable puller. It's sort of like you see advertised around: one or two ton cable puller, priced out around $10-$25.

I'm thinking of using it to lift an item. I'd like to lift, and then set it down on a base.

Do these cable puller normally have a way to lift and then set the load down without loosing control of it?

On power winches it's called "power up-power down" capability.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cable pullers

Notice the two ratchet "dogs" on the puller. One has a release that can be set. You no doubt use it to pull the cable out off the spool, right? Then manually operating the two dogs and the main operating lever, the puller can be slowly used to play out the cable with a load on it. One notch or a few at a time.

o
RE: cable pullers

Dynamic Door Service can repair any garage door torsion springs, broken garage door cables, out-of-track doors, broken rollers, bent tracks and more! We can repair residential as well as commercial garage doors and get provide 24 hour emergency garage door repair service.

We always provide a written estimate that is signed before work is done, fully explaining what we'll do in easily understandable terms. When the job is completed, we walk you through and show you services were done. You can be confident that your door was fixed right! We stand behind the job with the industry's best warranty and our 24 hour call back policy.

Phoenix Garage Door

Here is a link that might be useful: Phoenix Garage Door Repairs

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here