Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
1/2 Hp Craftsman gdo remote transmitter works lights off

Posted by Altj (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 27, 13 at 5:34

I have 1/2Hp craftsman gdo that remote transmitter only works when the motor running light is off. So everytime I go out I have to wait for the the light to go off and/or at times I'll used the wall switch to turn the lights off and then remote will work. This is true also with my homelink control from my car. This gdo is about 13 years old and only started doing this last month. Is there anyone out there that can help me out figure out what part is going bad that I can replace or adjust?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 1/2 Hp Craftsman gdo remote transmitter works lights off

Any solutions to this one? I was going to post this same problem today until I saw your post. I have not been able to find a solution anywhere. At one point, because I read about the new CFL light bulbs being problematic with remotes, I thought it might be the lights (old-style incandescent). I removed the lights. That's not the problwm. I'm convinced it has something to do with the timer that turns the lights off. Once it clicks off (or I turn it off manually with the wall switch) the remotes work. Does anyone know why this is happening and if there's a solution?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here