Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need a new garage opener remote, I think (Craftsman)

Posted by mikeybags (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 24, 06 at 4:16

Before the message...I posted this in the Home Repair section as well, so sorry about posting on 2 different forums. I was lost in navigating these at first, and found the garage one after already posting on the other one.
----------------------
I just moved into a house, and it had a craftsman garage door opener, model 139.53637SRT. There were no remotes for it, but I happened to have one from another place I lived, and the Model # for that is 139.53681 (and it has blue buttons). I've tried programming it to work with the opener, and have had no luck. When I press the receiever code button, instead of flashing once (like it says it will on the instructions located on the opener), the green light turns on and stays on for a while. I'm assuming this just means that my remote is not transmitting for whatever reason, and that it's not receieving anything from it, but I could be wrong.

I did recently replace the batteries in the remote, because it hadn't been used in about 3 years before breaking it back out, so I figured when it didn't work that they were dead. Still no luck though.

What I'm wondering is...which remotes will be compatible with my opener, assuming that it is not broken itself? I'm looking for the cheapest option, and have found plenty of cheap ones on ebay. There are universal type brands like Clicker and liftmaster available, as well as many different types of craftsman options. Do I have to find a certain model number craftsman remote to get this to work, or should this be easy to replace?

I'd appreciate any advice. I know practically nothing about this, aside from what I read on these forums thanks to a google search, and with all of the different model #'s out there, I find myself very confused.

Thanks!

Mikeybags

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need a new garage opener remote, I think (Craftsman)

See Home Repair.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here