Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need shed door ideas

Posted by catbird (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 4, 06 at 22:57

We're about to do a lot of remodeling and the first thing we need built is a storage shed. I've put together my ideas and DH's and this is the current plan:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It'll about 16-18' long and 6' deep. It would have two bays, one 6-8' long with a wide (double?) door for lawn mower and bulky stuff. The other would be about 10' long with shelves on both ends and across the center with two doors, each opening into a 3' aisle with shelves on either side and pegboard on the end. [I hope this, with the attached drawing, will make some sense.] At one end of the shed there would be a covered area for my potting, etc. DH figures on having enough space between the storehouse and the cars for a workbench.

Q: What kind of doors to use and where to get them? The remodeler says ready-made doors hold up best, but it may be hard to get ones narrow enough for the shelf areas.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need shed door ideas

Narrow doors are readily available. I have ordered as narrow as 16" from Lowes. They may not stock them but will order them for you.

I am sure other door outlets will do same.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here