Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craftsman 1/2 HP Garage Door Opener

Posted by penshattrick (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 4, 07 at 22:12

Just had the power turned on after being off for a few weeks (previous tenants moved out and took utilities out of their name). Just had utilities turned back on and garage door opener won't work. Even the button on the wall inside the garage doesn't work. Normally the indoor button in the garage glows green so you can see it with the light in the garage off, but there's not even a light coming in it. It appears to have power; all the other electrical things are working and the circuit breaker isn't tripped. Any thoughts? I've never had to reset it, but I didn't figure I'd ever have to reconfigure the wall button. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Craftsman 1/2 HP Garage Door Opener

Are you sure it's plugged in? Check the outlet with a lamp or radio to make sure there is power.

o

my 1/2HP garage door stopped working. I hear several clicks and it goes off. It seems it tripped. If I touch the back of the unit it turns on and then 1 sec later clic clic and goes off. If i try to operate the door it opens 2 inches and stops.
ANy clue?

o

On the rear of the motor unit you will find a 'up force' control. Turn this a quarter turn and try. Not sure about the clicking.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here