Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Chainsaw HELP

Posted by epfaffl (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 16, 12 at 21:55

I am not the most mechanically inclined so detailed help would be very much appreciated. I have a ten year old Homelite 3314 with a Powerstroke 33cc engine. It has been stored with gas. What do i do to get it running? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Chainsaw HELP

After 10 years the gasoline has probably gummed up the carburetor. You could try fresh gas and oil and see what happens but you'll likely need to disassemble the carburetor and clean it.

o
RE: Chainsaw HELP

I am not sure from your description exactly how long it was stored with gas in it. If it's really been ten years, mike's advice is spot on. If it's only been one season or so, I would try starting it first. If it starts at all, even if it runs poorly at first, you can always dump out the old gas and fill with fresh. But if that doesn't get it running, the carb is gummed up and will have to be opened up. You'd want to take it to a shop for that.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here