Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craftsman 1/2HP GDO Keyless Entry Problem

Posted by bigtd (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 14, 07 at 20:46

Hi,
I just recently purchased a house with a Craftsman 1/2HP GDO, Model #139.53675SRT2. The house also has the Keyless Entry keypad, Model #139.53684. Both worked fine together until I recently purchased a new opener remote for my car. While programing that remote, I erased the codes in the opener by pressing and holding the red button on the GDO.

Now for whatever reason, I can't reprogram the keypad. I've followed the instructions line for line, but have had no luck. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Craftsman 1/2HP GDO Keyless Entry Problem

I would erase the memory again and try to program the keyless first. When programming it you sometimes have to push the buttons like your going to push them through the back of keyless then push and hold down enter for a second. If that does not work put a battery in it and try it again. Then reprogram all the other remotes. Let us know you it does not work or you run into another problem.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here