Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sears Garage Opener 139.53716

Posted by lukshen (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 4, 07 at 20:29

I am trying to replace my Sears Model #139.53716 button that is attached to the keypad outside the garage. When I removed the old button I marked the wires, at least I thought I did. Now I cannot connect the wires, no matter how I change them! Please help! There are 4 wires and 3 screws to attatch to. The door works with the car remotes and the other button.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sears Garage Opener 139.53716

I'm not quite following your problem. Is the button part of the keypad or something someone has added next to it? Are you replacing it because it quit working?

o
RE: Opener 139.53716

I looked up your model number on the Sears web site and find this came with 2 strand bell wire rather than 3 strand. Do the wires go from the keypad to the switch? Have you replaced the 9 volt battery? You say you are trying to replace it. Have you purchased a new one? Sorry for all the questions but this is an old unit and I am trying my best to bring back some foggy memories.

o
RE: Sears Garage Opener 139.53716

Don, thanks for the responses, sorry its taken so long to get back to you. The 2 wires, split into 4 go from the garage door motor to a door opener button outside the door to the house and to the part I am trying to replace (yes I bought a new one),the button before you go out of the garage. There are additional plug in wires that go to the outside keypad, they are not the problem.Yes I have replaced the 9 volt.This is an old unit, I am thinking of replacing the entire garage door system. I can't attach the 4 wires to the 3 screws on the back of the new part!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here