Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garage door problem

Posted by leo-li (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 30, 07 at 18:56

The frame on my sectional aluminum garage door has cracked near where the garage door opener attaches to it so that it can no longer open it (I can still do it manually though). There is a styrofoam piece that goes on the door that acts as a buffer between the door opener and the door itself. That too seems to have been damaged somehow. Does anyone know if the frame can be repaired / replaced or do I need to replace the whole door?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garage door problem

Everything can be repaired if one chose to and also if the cost of the repairs is reasonable. It's difficult for me to venture a solution without knowing the state of the crack but u can patch the crack with another aluminium cut to shape and u either weld or tighten it with bolts. A clear description of the situation would help though.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here