Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garage Door Opener Binding

Posted by charleso (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 29, 06 at 18:23

Have just replaced my old GDO with a 1/2 HP Craftsman Screw type. Have a light sectional door and everything is working fine except for the last panel when closing. When it comes to the last panel, the door stops traveling and the opener keeps going until the linkage arm hits the top of the door.
Have checked the door manually and there are no binds and very easy to move up or down. When I do get it to move down all the way I notice the screw track trying to lift up from the header board. Would reinforcing the top of the door with a metal plate going across the three vertical ribs help? What else might be the problem? Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garage Door Opener Binding

You should not have to reinforce your door for this opener to work properly. Go over the installation manual step by step and make sure you have followed it exactly.

o
RE: Garage Door Opener Binding

Don,
Went back to the manual and sure enough when I hooked up the linkage arm, the door was completely shut and the trolley was hooked up to the drive at the time. Disconnected the linkage arm and released the trolley from the drive and opened the door one panel. Set linkage, hooked up and works good now. Thanks again. Always in a hurry here and don't read it all(LOL)
Charlie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here