Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garage floor - need help

Posted by clarann (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 13, 11 at 17:53

I wanted to have my garage floor epoxied and did alot of research. Then found out there is a sealer on it and the cost to have this removed was too much for us. We're retired and are not doing this ourselves.

So on to plan B. Can I have the floor resealed with a colored stain to freshen it up and not have to take off the sealer first. I'm thinking this will be much less expensive.

Or what would you suggest?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garage floor - need help

I called my local paint store and the gentleman told me I could use a pole sander to scuff up the current sealer and then use a Quickrete stain/sealer on it. DH thinks he call tackle this. It sounds like it will be too much for him. This will only cost about $100. But even if I convince him to hire someone, I'd like to know if this system will work.

o

Well, epoxy coating is one of the best solutions for you to get rid of your garage floor problems. I think it's the best way to fix the problem.

o

I think that you should also consider a floor tile (snaplock makes great tile systems for garages) or a roll-out mat that will cover the floor.

You didn't mention why you wanted to epoxy the floor. Is it too slick when wet? Is it dusty? Is it just aesthetics? If you mention why you want to make a change, then we can maybe provide other alternatives than the effort it will take to put down an epoxy coating.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here