Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lawn Mower Repair

Posted by obrien040362 (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 10, 06 at 17:20

My mower only runs in full choke. If I back off the choke it stalls. Any sugestions on how to fix it?

I am not sure were to post. Do you know of any forums on small engine repair?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lawn Mower Repair

Might ask in the Lawn Mower Forum. Might tell what make & model mower and same for the motor ,, horsepower too .

o

I have a 2001 Lawboy Pro 10550. Last summer I had some issues and I was told to buy a rebuilt kit carb. I did and my nephew put it together. It ran fine for a couple of weeks mowing and then it started doing the same thing again.
It is fouling out the plug by getting to much gas, is my guess. I have searched the net for information concerning instruction on how to adjust the set screws on the carb. I would like to hear some input concerning this matter, thank you.

o

I wonder if you have a blocked jet if it will run with choke only. Might also be mixture.

o

I rescued a wood chipper in this condition 2 months ago. I mixed an ounce of Seafoam and 1/2 ounce of Marvel Mystery Oil into an empty 2 gallon gas can. I took it to the gas station and filled it up a little then mixed it all together then filled it up all the way. I ran that in the wood chipper plus I also added like 1/2 ounce of Seafoam to the oil and 1/4 ounce of Marvel Mystery Oil to the oil. After 2-3 hours of use I did an oil change. It seems to work perfect now.

o

I'll offer a few novice ideas.

Vacuum it with a good strong shop vac.
Spray lube at linkage points.
Check the plug and air filter.
Put new gas in with Stabil.

Ten years ago I had a new Craftmans mower. 'One Pull Start'. Never started without Starter fluid. Gave it back to me twice when after 'fixing' it. The third time they changed the carb and it ran properly.

Lawn Mower Forum or Tool Shed forum

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here