Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jds145

Another Craftsman GDO Problem - Is it dead?

jds145
16 years ago

Hello. I have a 1/2 hp Craftsman Garage Door Opener Model Number 139.53675SRT2, installed in Jan. 1999. The GDO has stopped functioning. The door is in the closed position. When I try to open the door, either from a remote control or from a keypad, nothing happens. The 2 lights turn on (I infer this means there is power supplied to the motor), but there is nothing from the motor itself - no noise, no operation, no nothing. There is a small indicator light next to the "learn" button. That indicator light blinks repeatedly 5 times, and then stops, and then repeats the blinking. The door can be opened manually when I use the emergency release function, but the door opener will not operate even after manually opening the door.

I have searched other posts in this forum, and I have found others with similar problems. The suggested fix in many instances is to check whether the trolley is jammed by a stop bolt. However, that suggested fix seems to be inapplicable where, as here, the door is closed, not open. I cannot find any such bolt in any event anywhere near the trolley, so it is possible (perhaps likely) I'm missing something important here.

I appreciate any and all help. Many thanks.

Comments (3)