Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sears garage door remote programming

Posted by exeter7474 (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 26, 09 at 16:26

I can get each of 2 remotes to program, but not both together. They are the rolling code type, door unit has orange "learn" button-remotes have green buttons-reciever is non-deluxe unit with no light buttons. I've tried directions from opener manual and remote instructions to no avail. About ready to program with the 3# drilling hammer........HELP!!!!!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sears garage door remote programming

One of your remotes has reverted to the billion code technology. You need to purchase a remote with the same model number as your old one. You will find the new remote will work with one of your old ones and not with the other. Remove the batteries from the bad remote and discard it. Otherwise it may cause problems down the road.

o

I worked for a guy that did garage doors for ten years. According to him NEVER use anything from sears or craftsman when it comes to garage doors, the are equal cost alternatives that are much better and safer

Here is a link that might be useful: Tuff PLay

o

We have two Craftsman 1/2 HP GDOs, with three-button remotes and keyless pads. (Model 139.53982SRT / Part 41A5483-2). One of the GDOs will not hold programmed codes on remotes or keyless for more than 24 hours. Hence, I use "learn / re-set" process each time we leave the garage on that side. Any hints to repair, or just time to replace (installed in 2002)?

o

Sounds like your logic board is bad. The part number is the number you gave. It's almost a toss up - repair or replace depending on if you can do it yourself.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here