Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
craftsman garage door opner

Posted by yogi68 (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 4, 07 at 16:24

Hi,

I just moved in to new house I having difficulty with my garage door opener. If i push switch once it open the door normally. I assume it works perfectly but when i try to close the door I have to push the button until door close completely other wise it stop and reverse it's direction. Motor is working fine. It looks like to me that logic broad is bad. Can any body assist me please.

Craft man Model 139-53970SRT

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: craftsman garage door opner

Check the sensors on each side of the garage door. They must be pointed at each other. They both have a small light that is lit when they are aligned correctly.

o

I also had a similar problem with my Sears Craftsman garage door opener. While Sears said the part may be covered by warranty, it would cost $65 for them to get it done. I am considering filing a class action lawsuit against Sears. If you would like more information on joining the class, please email a summary of your experience with Sears and/or the garage door opener, along with your contact information: name, tele. no., e-mail address. Thanks, Mitchell Rait. mrait@comcast.net

o

When you check the continuity on the receiving sensor (unplugged) it shows that it is a closed circuit. How can one check to see if is good or not? Light does not work on receiving sensor.

After reading your answers about checking the line up of sensors, I will do that again. Our model no is 139.53635SRT. Thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here