Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craftsman Garage Door Opener Keyless Entry

Posted by frustratedhousewife (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 7, 07 at 14:25

I have a Craftsman GDO Model 139.18060 with a wireless Keyless Entry Pad which the kids use to enter the house. It is not working. I replaced the battery and pressed the learn button to reset the code. The motor unit clicks once (which I assume accepts the code) but the keyless entry pad lights flash 6 or 7 times. We bought a new keyless entry pad and have the same problem. Could it be the logic board inside the motor unit? We had a power outage last winter and I had to unplug the motor unit overnight before I could reprogram the keyless entry. A few months later the door came down and hit the tongue of the boat trailer. Could this have done something to the motor unit? The sensors are difficult to keep in alignment but the door opens and closes by holding the wall unit down for the duration of the door operation. I have misplaced the remote control units as we don't need them. Any ideas? - my kids are frustrated because they can't get in the house!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Craftsman Garage Door Opener Keyless Entry

Sounds like the logic board to me if the new keypad acted just like the old one.

o

When my husband returned the new keyless entry pad he spoke to the Sears GDO salesman who told him to put the logic board in the freezer. He did that and when he reinstalled it the keyless entry worked - Go figure!

o

WOW! I wonder what the logic is behind that? I have never heard of that before.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here