Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craftsman Garage Door Opener

Posted by tomofohio (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 13, 08 at 14:07

My chain came off the sprocket above the main console. I had to remove the chain in order to rethread. Once rethread, the door will close, but once it reaches the garage floor, it automatically opens again.

I've adjusted the up and down force buttons with no luck. I don't have a manual as the previous owner did not leave one.

Should I remove the chain again, this time running the opener while it is diconnected, and then rethread it again?

Thanks for the help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Craftsman Garage Door Opener

With the door in the open position, remove the chain from the sprocket and run the opener until the sprocket turns counterclockwise and stops. Replace the chain. You may now need to adjust the up and down limit controls until the door opens and closes to the proper position. These controls are on the side of the opener. Turning these controls in the direction of the arrow printed on the cover will increase travel.

o

Model #139.53876 is no longer operational. I checked with Sears on a replacement. They no longer stock this item. Can anyone tell me where I might get a replacement model?

Thanks,

Richard

o

You can go to E-BAY and you can find a replacement key pad.

o

There is more than one keypad and if you buy the wrong one it won't work. Match the model number or don't purchase. Have you tried replacing the battery?

o

Sears still sells the 53876 keypad.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here