Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
piazza1_gw

Craftsman 1/2 HP Garage Door Opener problem

piazza1
17 years ago

I was looking for a forum like this as I am having a problem with my Craftsman 1/2 HP GDO (Model 139.53525SRT). Any suggestions/advice from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

My garage door opener is acting crazy!. The remotes and the wired keypad in the garage both light up and are programmed correctly. The problem does not seem to be with the activation. When either is activated, nothing happens.

However, I can go in the garage and take a broom and hit the unit and then the unit lights go on. This only happens after I first try to activate the door with a remote. Next, I try to activate the unit again with a remote and voila the garage starts to go up! However, it will only go up about 2 feet and then either stop or go down. After hitting the button a few times more times I can get it all the way up after stopping and starting a few more times. Do I need to buy a new opener? Or is there some simple adjustments? Hitting the motor unit with a broom is getting old. Especially when I come home and have to enter my home first!

Thanks, Tony

Comment (1)