Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Generator Question - Help Needed

Posted by terrykrueger (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 9, 07 at 13:42

OK I have two Troy-Bilt generators. One runs great - no electric. The other had electric, threw a rod. I wanted to combine them (exact same model) but cannot for the life of me figure out how to separate the generator head from the engine. I ripped one of them down to the armature but couldn't figure it out. Any ideas? The one that was w/o electrical had melted brush holder so I swapped it but still no juice. This is driving me nuts!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Generator Question - Help Needed

Some generator armatures are connected to the engine cracnkshaft via mating conical surfaces. The end of the engine is typically the male cone and the generator the female cone. A small keyway is included and a long bolt through the center of the generator armature holds it to the engine crank. Try loosening the bolt a few turns and while applying a separating force between the armature and cracnkshaft, tap on the center bolt to dislodge the crank.

o
RE: Generator Question - Help Needed

?pardon

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here