Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craftsman GDO wall unit light out, remote won't work

Posted by mel54 (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 1, 07 at 12:38

As many have written, my GDO car remote suddenly quit working. The exterior garage keypad and interior wall buttons work fine. There is no light on the wall unit pad. I have changed the remote battery and tried to check the vacation lock, but without the wall unit light I have no way of knowing if there is a communication. I tried to lock/unlock several times, so that should have fixed any lockout problem. Could the exterior keypad code be interfering with or overriding the remote? I recently purchased the home and have no manuals. Sears/tech support won't help, they quit offering tech support unless purchase was within 90 days. Please help!
Model: 139-53964SRT
Remote dated 06/06, verified it has the correct three blue buttons. It worked well for about 4 weeks.
Exterior Keypad: May be generic, don't know if it came with GDO.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Craftsman GDO wall unit light out, remote won't work

Your remote may have just quit. There is a small LED near where all those white wires go that should blink rapidly if you hold the button down on the remote. If it does this you can try programming the remote. To the left of those white wires you will find a smart/learn button. While holding down the button on your remote press and immediately release the smart/learn button. If the remote still doesn't work then some part in your remote has quit.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here