Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Belt Drive opener question

Posted by andrelaplume2 (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 3, 08 at 12:38

Ok, maybe I'm crazy but I never heard of these until I saw them in the store. Have they been around long? Do they hold up well? Does the belt strech out? Whats the skinny on these quiet openers...anything I should look for or avoid. We currently have a nosiy chain driven OHGD brand...not sure the age.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Love my belt drive machine

I have two Liftmaster 1/2 HP Belt Drive Machines (Model 3280) installed at my home and love them. They are SOOOO much more quiet than the previous Craftsman chain drives we had when we bought our house.

Liftmaster offers a lifetime belt warranty and in my 5 years of experience, I have never heard of a belt breaking.

There are (2) other belt drive models available from Liftmaster. The 3585 and the ULTRA-QUIET 3850 (DC powered). Both are 3/4 horse power, which isn't necessary for standard metal sectional doors. Don't be mis-lead into thinking that the higher the power the faster it will lift the door. In fact, I think the 3585 (and the chain drive I-Beam rail 3595) opens slower than most other models. However, both the 3850 and the 3585 are part of Liftmaster's Elite series of machines which come with a (5) year parts warranty and lifetime motor and belt warranties.

Hope this helps you make your decision. Let me know if you have any other questions, I will do my best to help.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here