Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Reading this forum has taught me at least one thing:

Posted by rbanks (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 23, 06 at 11:33

Never buy a Craftsman garage door opener. Who makes these things anyway?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Reading this forum has taught me at least one thing:

The low bidder.

o

I believe that Chamberlain makes most (all) of the Craftsman openers.

I'm not trying to defend Craftsman but some of apparent dissatisfaction with their openers is simply a function of numbers. Sears sells a lot of garage door openers. Therefore it's likely that problems with Craftsman openers will be more prevalent than other brands. After all, very few people write messages saying how wonderful Craftsman is despite the fact that their opener may have functioned perfectly for 10 years.

Mike

o

Good point(s)!

o

Funny, I had guessed the point of the post before I even read it -

I have a Chamberlain opener and it hasn't misbehaved yet, but I've only been in the house a few months.

True Sears may sell a lot of them, but it does still seem as if they're overrepresented in the problem stakes - unless it's all one series that was a bit lemony.

o

It's a bit like driving by the Toyota dealership on Monday morning and seeing all the cars lined up for service. What opinion would you make of Toyota? Chamberlain is the worlds largest manufacturer of door openers for one reason - Sears.

o

We've had a Sears garage door opener for over 20 years. It's NEVER given us a problem. We've replaced the door already - not the opener. Just thought you'd be interested :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here